Just look at all the feathers!
While in the kitchen cooking dinner tonight, I heard a "wham!" against the side of our house. I looked out our back sliding glass door just in time to see a shower of feathers raining down all over our backyard and porch. When the feathers cleared, I noticed a HUGE bird sitting in the yard. I was so stunned that I just kept looking at that bird, which I quickly realized must be a hawk. He had a dove in his claws and was contemplating his next move.
Two of my kids came around to the back gate and scared the hawk and his dinner up over the fence. Just like that he was gone! I could just kick myself for not grabbing my camera and trying to get a picture of what I later figured out was a red-tailed hawk! All I have left of the incident is sprinkled all over my back porch. Abby looked out and said, "Anyone need a quill pen?"
We'll be making those soon!
ReplyDelete