Apr 13, 2010

The Dandelion

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
We love dandelions at our house. What's not fun about blowing the seeds of a dandelion all over the front yard? I decided to find out about this common wild flower, and was surprised at how little I knew. For instance, I never knew that the flower head changes into the white seed head and can do so overnight!

We are always on the look-out for something unusual when we are outside. Chloe won this time by finding this dandelion seed head. Look how fat its stem is!

I have pictures of all my kids when they are little blowing dandelion seeds. I was almost too late getting a picture of little Chloe! We took care of that today.
Product Details Product Details

3 comments:

  1. I love the quote! And I think a yard with yellow dandelions is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of your daughter blowing the dandelion seeds :) What a fun childhood picture to capture! I love to capture those types of pictures, too. My kids call dandelions "wishes" :)

    ReplyDelete